The march goes on, this is another minor release with a bunch of substantial improvements:
- Packages now also can be embedded with the --deep option too, before they could not be imported from the executable.
- In-lined exec with their own future statements leaked these to the surrounding code.
- The future print function import is now supported too.
- Independence of the compiled function type. When I started it was merely PyCFunction and then a copy of it patched at run time, using increasingly less code from CPython. Now it's nothing at all anymore.
- This lead to major cleanup of run time compiled function creation code, no more methoddefs, PyCObject holding context, etc.
- PyLint was used to find the more important style issues and potential bugs, also helping to identify some dead code.
The major difference now is the lack of a throw method for generator functions. I will try to address that in a 0.2.2 release if possible. The plan is that the 0.2.x series will complete these tasks, and 0.3 could aim at some basic optimization finally.